photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Couches and Roots and Randoms

First, I have to admit that having my iphone makes blogging a lot easier.  Forgive my obnoxious Instagram photos, I'm trying not to go overboard :)

Sunday, the weather was really blah and we had almost nothing to do, so we went to look at furniture. It had a purpose, I promise. Let's take a look at my current couch... (This is how I found Harper today when I walked in after work.)

1355013a
Perfect example of what happens when he refuses to take a nap.)

The couch is ok. Really. We bought it and the matching loveseat back in 2006 before Jimmy and I got married. We were engaged and it was the first purchase we ever made together. I will never forget writing that check. I felt so "adult" :)

We bought the couches because they were leather and therfore durable for "kids and pets" in the future. Boy did we play that one right!

Through the years, there have been rips and spills and a bit of paint on it that won't come off. One of the seats has plywood underneath because my 6'5 husband would plant himself in the same spot for years on end. They are dark and bringing the whole room down. I'm in the market for some new ones.

I found the perfect couch and matching chair this weekend..
59d6360b
3eba5ad9
 
I love the detail!


a83920f6

I also fell hard for this chair. I am really into navy blue.
a0a71e68

Truthfully, it will probably be awhile before I settle on anything. I want something that is well-made and durable but not crazy expensive. Isn't that what we all want?

I took this photo of my roots a few night ago. There is something about bad roots. I can be wearing the cutest outfit and if my roots are bad, it ruins it. Thankfully, my hair stylist is a miracle worker. 491cf618
She did root-touch up, highlights and added a few lowlights this time around. I felt really washed out sitting in my flourescent lights all day. I also got about and inch taken off and feel so much better!

1754370b

I wore red lips to work today and funny enough, a lot of people kept asking me "So are you feeling like you are getting the hang of things?" Maybe there is something to be said about red lips projecting confidence :)

Guess who held her bottle for the first time this morning? d9db65e6

She is such a little stinker. It's amazing how tough she has become because of her big brother. He knocks her down all the time and she gets right back up. I love her determination.

I ate at Moe's for the first time ever yesterday.  There is one very close to my office, so I ran in and got a chicken rice bowl and took it back to my office.



I was not impressed. It was so bland. I facebooked about my experience and did not realize that there were so many strong opinions about Moe's!  I think the majority thought I was crazy for not loving it and gave me suggestions on other things to try. We'll see :)

Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving Moe's another try lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover