photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, September 3, 2012

Scary AND fun Labor Day weekend

On Friday, I was ready for the long weekend ahead. I wasn't planning on doing anything really "fun" per se, but I was looking forward to getting some odd and end things done.

Hubby had to work all weekend and my parents were here, so we watched the babies in shifts and were able to get some things scratched off my list!

Saturday was clean-up day for me. Every year, around this time, I get the overwhelming urge to clean. I have both a Spring and Fall cleaning bone in me somewhere and I took advantage of my little boost of energy :)

I've been realizing more and more lately that Hollin is going to be one before I know it. Which means that a big party here at the Cushing home is in the works. I see all these things around me that I want to get done and it's overwhelming. I even entertained the idea of having her party elsewhere just to save myself the stress, but ultimately, I want that memory to take place at our house.

                                                               (winter 2011 photo :)

With that in mind, I've decided to focus solely on the downstairs and outside portion of the house. So, that was a little motivator this weekend too.

Sunday, I wanted to run out and look for clothes for Mr. Harper. He is going back to Preschool this week, so he is in need of some clothes and shoes.  I was upstairs, changing the baby, when I heard him downstairs making a really weird noise. At first I thought he was playing, but then the sound got louder and louder. I looked at the bottom of the stairs and realized that he was choking.  I flew down the stairs while trying to decide what to do first. I swept his mouth and couldn't feel anything and he was crying so hard that his mouth was clamped down. The fear in his eyes was something I don't think I'll ever get forget. By the time I had my hand on my phone to dial 911, he coughed and out flew a huge, round red grape. He was crying and I was shaking like a leaf. The first thing he said through his tears was, "Don't tell grandma!"  He was really embarrassed and didn't want to talk about it for the rest of the day. 

Once everything calmed down and my parents got back, I put the babies down for a nap and went out with my mom.  I decided to go ahead and get Harper some TOMS for this school year.
 
 
While we were out, we decided to run into Talbots because they were having a huge sale. Long story short, I came away with $111 worth of clothes for $44.  I scored an awesome black blazer that was originally $150 for $29.99.
 
PSA: Talbot's is giving clothes away!!
 
~~~
 
Today, Jimmy took Harper for his first dove hunt. They went to Harper's great-grandma's farm and he had a blast. I will let the pics explain..
 


 
He came back tonight and was beyond dirty and exhausted.
 
I had a great Labor Day weekend, although it was kind of scary too. Hollin was pretty low-key, so at least the drama was only from one child :)
 
Happy Labor Day!


1 comment:

  1. So cute to see Harper hunting with Daddy! I can't wait to see Luke go with his Daddy :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover