photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, October 27, 2012

This Week and Hurricane Sandy Saturday


I have missed blogging this week! Hubby is taking some online courses and is on the laptop for hours each night after work. I'm SO proud of him for taking these classes, however it does affect my blog-time :(


This week has been very busy. The weather has been all over the place. We are in the time of year where we have to run the AC during the day and the heat at night. I rocked my first scarf of the season to work one morning. Oh how I love a scarf.

photo9

On Wednesday morning, we woke up to quite a mess spilling out of our downstairs toilet. Just use your imagination. We weren't sure what to do. My dad was nice enough to offer to fix it when he came to town on Thursday. He didn't work on it until Friday morning and well, it was an even bigger mess once he got into it. The lovely toilet water ran out of the toilet, onto the floor, out into the hallway and almost into our Pantry.

This was on Friday morning while Hollin was eating breakfast. The stench was so horrible, we ended up leaving and buying their costumes just to get some fresh air.
photo10

Harper enjoyed the quick visit to the toy store.
 
photo8
After awhile, we finally had to call a plumber. All is good and clean now.
 
 

Hurricane Sandy arrived this morning and really messed with my party-planning! Jimmy is working this weekend and I had (and still have) tons of errands to run. Going to Target and Wal-Mart in the wind gusts and rain has been so much fun! I have most of what I need, but as always, I forgot a few things and will have to go back :(

photo4

We went to Panera for lunch (again) today and Harper got his usual Pumpkin cookie and nothing else. His eating habits are another post for another time. We are really struggling in this department.

photo7

Once we got home, it was a cozy, rainy day. I played on the floor with my little ones and just soaked up the day and the time with them. Rainy weekends can also be good for the soul.

photo5
 
photo6

Harper has had a lot of ipad time today since we couldn't go out. And can I just say he looks WAY too grown here?

photo3

Miss Hollin went to bed super early, as usual, and Harper and I like to hang out in my bedroom while we wait for daddy to come home. I have been crafting while Harper watches his ipad shows. It's one of my most favorite, relaxing moments of the day.

photo2

photo1
 
Tomorrow is supposed to be another wash-out. I guess it's a good day to keep crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover