photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Insert excuse here (and updates)

Hi. I'm Ashlynn and I used to blog.
 
I know that I don't have to apologize for my absence, but for some reason, I want to!!  I'm sure all 10 of you missed my boring stories :)
 
This time of year is just crazy. I'm not sure where the time is going, but I can't believe it's December. I started buying Christmas presents online last week, but I still have a long way to go!
 
The Christmas decorations have come out and I've learned something about myself. I heart polka dots.
 
 
(The ribbon is polka dotted and my mom loves to tell me how ugly she thinks my stair decorating is hahah.)
 
 
I got this at Old Navy recently.
 
We have two trees this year.  This one in the office...
 
 
and one in the living room that is currently waiting for .... a polka dotted tree skirt!
 
I think I have a problem.
 
 
I've also been having a lot of fun with VeryJane.com and GroopDealz.com. 
 
 
I mentioned a few posts back that we were in the middle of tearing up our floors. I'm happy to say that the floors are all finished, but I don't have pictures. Why? Well, because when we tore up the floors, we had to tear our the baseboard too. The baseboard is still in the process of being painted. Things take SO long to get done around here.
 
Our bathroom currently looks like this.
 
Just good ol' drywall. We're getting there!
 
We also invested in a new dining room table. I just so happened to walk into a local store just to browse and almost fell out in the floor when I saw this table. We had been wanting to get a bigger one for so long (our old one only sat 4). I knew this one was it. The top of it is made from an old door!
 
After work, I've enjoyed coming home and addressing our Christmas cards. I actually have room to spread out!
 
 
In baby news, Miss Hollin FINALLY decided it was time to start holding her own bottle!
 
She has been such a sweetheart this week, even helping us pick out our Christmas tree.
 
Harper wanted no part of picture taking :( Per usual.
 
~~~~~~
 
Switching gears again, remember when I said hubby put in for the K-9 position at work?  He has an interview tomorrow morning at 9:20am. I am nervous for him, but excited too.  I know he wants this so much :)
 
Happy Thursday and I promise to come around more often!!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover