photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

The Holidays for 2012 have worked out so well for our little family!  Jimmy's schedule this year fell just right and he was off for Thanksgiving and will be off on Christmas Eve and Christmas! This is a far cry from last year when I dined at home alone on Christmas night with my two year old and 1 month old. :) See last year's Thanksgiving post here.

The Sunday before Thanksgiving, we went to my Mother-in-Law's brand spankin' new house for our first official Holiday meal.  I snapped a few pics of their home. Just beautiful.

(Forgive the small pics tonight!)
 


 
 




Here is Daddy and sweet Turkey Girl Hollin.  I keep wanting to say this was her first Thanksgiving, but it isn't. Last year, she wasn't even a month old yet. So this is her first "aware" Thanksgiving :)

 
We had to strip the poor girl down to eat. 
 
 
 
Her plate!
 
 
I tried to get some pictures of Harper, but he is very anti- camera right now. 
 
We had a great time and the food was absolutley delicious!!
 

We woke up early on Thanksgiving morning and headed back to my hometown.  We stopped in "Nanny's" house to change our clothes.  I let the kids travel in their Christmas PJ's for maximum comfort.

 
I was determined that we made it back home to see at least the end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade so that the babies could watch Santa arrive.  We made it in plenty of time, but Jimmy and I had to get on the road to make it to my cousin's house by noon, so he and I missed it :(
 
We had a great time at lunch and we stuffed ourselves silly.
 
Jimmy and I with my cousin's little one, Simon!
 
My mom and Simon.
 
 
 
 
Aunt Jackie loves Miss Hollin!
 
My dad cutting the Turkey! Is it good Jeff? Hahah.
 

 
The afternoon usually ends with some type of outdoor excursion. This year it was an ATV/ trailer combo.  We're from the country and we like it that way :)
 
We left their house and hit the road around 3pm. The babies and I caught a nap :)
 
We arrived back around 5:30 and went straight to my Father-in-Law's house. They had decorated so nice and the food smelled amazing even though I couldn't think about eating any of it.
 
 
Aunt Bridger and Hollin!
 
 
I kept trying to get a picture with Harper, but this is what I got every time. He is a bit grumpy these days because Mommy and Daddy are being a bit more stubborn with food in an effort to get him to eat something other than peanut butter and pretzels.
 
 
Hollin enjoyed all the food!
 
 
I was a little sad on the way home because I realized that I didn't get a family picture of the four of us. I don't think it would have happened anyway, seeing as how Harper purposely looks away. I don't think we got one last year either! It must have something to do with being in the car for 5 hours on Thanksgiving and just trying to keep the little ones happy :)  Here is hoping that we can get that picture next year!
 
We hope you and your family had a fantastic Thanksgiving!
 
Love,
 
The Cushings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover