photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Listening.

A few posts back, I blogged about Jimmy putting in an application for K-9 officer.  I had mixed feeling from the beginning about all of it. I knew deep down that this might be biting off more than we could chew (schedule-wise), but I still hoped that he would get the position because I knew this was the one thing he had wanted to do since becoming a Police Officer.

His interview was Friday morning and I said a little prayer for him at work.

A few hours later we had an answer.

............................


He didn't get it.


I could tell he was disappointed.  I was disappointed for him.  This wouldn't have been a "promotion", but it was something different that your run-of-the-mill patrol.  When we left my hometown to move where we live now, he basically had to start over at this Police Dept. as far as his seniority. We knew that we were making the right decision for our family, but it definitely affected his status on the totem pole.  He has been a Police Officer for 5 years now, so it's just time that something happen for him. To "move up" in the ranks.

He works so hard and is awesome at what he does. I don't tell him often enough, but I am so proud of him. Proud of the husband, father, student and leader that he is.  One of the biggest areas of my pride comes from his walk with God.  He has grown so much over the last year, and it's been amazing to watch. 

This past Sunday, we heard yet another amazing message at church. The Pastor talked a little bit about the career that he had prior to becoming a Pastor. He said that during his quiet times (at work), God would speak to him again and again. He let go of a successful career and followed God into becoming a youth Pastor and now Pastor of a very large church.

Jimmy and I talked a little bit about the message after the service. He admitted that he has these same feelings from time to time. That he just isn't where he feels God wants him to be.

Now, with this being said, he isn't going to be leaving the Police Department now or anytime soon. I think the point that he was making is that he realizes that God is saying no.  That he closed the door on this position, but another may open.

Jimmy is listening to God. We both are. We hope that one day, our lives and hopefully careers will allow us to be more involved with our church. Right now, we can't commit to anything, like bible studies or small groups and it's frustrating.

In the meantime, we will continue to go on with our lives and jobs as we always have.

But, we're listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover