I think I have put on at least 5 pounds this Holiday season. It happens every year and you know what? It's ok.
I just spent the last 2 hours thoroughly shampooing my den carpet. I really should do this every other week. It gets THAT dirty. I have been thinking about getting a nice big rug to put down over the carpet to save them a little bit but Jimmy doesn't like rugs on top of carpet. I have overruled him though and I think I'm gonna do it.
I really, really wish we had an Ikea close by :)
I won an awesome giveway on facebook a few weeks ago and received free monograms for each of my stockings! We love the natural look even though a lot of people paint them.
Decorating our house for Christmas has been so much fun this year. I love knowing that we aren't moving any time soon!
My tree skirt is on it's way from L.A. I hope it will be here tomorrow!
Everytime I look at this picture, I remember that I need candles for my fireplace and a nice wreath to hang over that mirror. I still love my Christmas mantle though.
We have been having a little fun with Elf on the Shelf. This is our first year! It's been so awesome to watch Harper find Buddy in the mornings.
We are finally making progress on our bathroom. Maybe it will be done by the end of this week? I'm just happy to be able to use the toilet downstairs again :)
Some days, I just get this overwhelming need to clean and organize. Most of the time, it comes out of nowhere and today was one of those days. I just looked around at all the broken toys and things that Harper doesn't play with anymore and had to get rid of them

I even cleaned his room and went through those toys as well. I put together a whole box of toys that just need batteries. With Christmas coming up, I just needed to purge some things.
So that is what's been going on around here. Working, cleaning, Christmas stuff and trying to put the house back together after demo.
Here's hoping we can wrap up some things around here and enjoy Jimmy's upcoming weekend off.!














Your home is so beautiful! Loving that mantle! I wish I could win some FB give-aways, but I am not usually a lucky person. Let's just say I have hit 5 deer on the last 4 cars I have owned. My minivan has a nice dent on the side where a baby deer ran into it. I despise deer! I LOVE Elf & Barbie fishing together...CUTE! I wish to goodness that I hadn't cut our "Elfy's" hands apart :/ I did it so he could make snow angels in rice. If I could get my hands on a little emergency sewing kit, I can fix it. But w/ his hands being apart now, he's kind of limited, lol!
ReplyDelete