photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Casa Cushing's slow face-lift

There just aren't enough hours in the day!

We have been busy getting things done to the house, finalizing our addition (we are allllmost there! :) and I've been planning Jimmy's 30th birthday party.  Oh yeah and our full time jobs and two babies.   Let's not forget that.

After waiting for what seemed like forever, our siding and windows finally came in!  They are not finished yet, but this is a big reason for my lack of blogging lately. Just a lot going on.


Buh bye old depressing grey!

DSC_0009_zps3ba17a49

Hello Harbor Blue!
DSC_0008_zpsb193b307

DSC_0007_zps2448caaf

There have been silly inconveniences that have come along with getting new windows. Like not being able to use the blinds in our master bedroom because the new window frames on the inside are too shallow to be able to mount the brackets. So, we have sheets up right now.

Classy.

The windows are simply amazing. We can barely hear the traffic going by anymore and the house is definitely warmer and less drafty.  I can touch the windows without being able to feel how freezing it is outside.

(Snuck this picture as I was heading back to the office)
photo-7_zpscf679fb9
The one downside to getting new things on your house is that it makes all of the old things around it stick out even more. I have a lot of plans for this house, but I just have to take it one step at a time.

I have to admit that there has also been a bit of a learning curve with this new computer. Another reason for my absence.  Like having to scroll in the opposite direction than I have done all my life. I love this new gadget, but I'm still figuring it out. And Jimmy has been a computer-hog for school :)

Now that I am getting the hang of this thing, you will be seeing more of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover