photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

These are the weekends I live for!


Jimmy was not working, the weather was pure heaven at around 76 degrees and we had nothing on our calendar.

Saturday morning, we got up and had a quick breakfast.  Hollin went down for her nap mid-morning, so my mom and dad stayed with her while Jimmy, Harper and I ran to the mall to use some of our Christmas gift cards.

I was determined to find some good jeans. I have a few pairs that I wear again and again and just needed to update a little bit.  Jimmy and I ran across some great find at American Eagle. I picked up 3 pairs of jeans and a cute flannel shirt. The jeans that I bought are the softest I have ever worn in my life. In fact, I kind of hate lounging around the house in jeans, but these are so comfortable, I honestly didn't mind wearing them at all!

They are the slim boot stretch in dark indigo. Officially in love.



We came home, dressed Hollin and went out for a lunch by the water.  I soaked up every minute with my little family. I love spending time with them, especially outside in such beautiful conditions :)

Harper entertained himself.



Hollin flirted with every person that walked by.



We headed out to the beach to play for a little bit.
01-11-2013029_zpsa2ce8c1c

Getting the H-babies in the same frame is considered a huge success!!


Love this little pumpkin.
01-11-2013075_zpsc6042811

01-11-2013036_zps3c8b55ad

The water was freezing!
01-11-2013055_zps82ef5496

01-11-2013056_zps0c1b937e

Harper got a little excited and thought that running at full speed in the water was a good idea.  He fell in , face first. Poor thing.
01-11-2013095_zps9c63d547

01-11-2013081_zpsabbd3db0


01-11-2013097_zpseea6fc45


He was determined to go to the park after the beach, so we went and he went shirtless. We were those parents.  He was over the camera at this point, so I took a few of Hollin.

01-11-2013103_zps316bb6d7


Saturday night, Jimmy made his famous chili and we had a big decision to make. We talked and talked and decided to bite the bullet and buy a little something for our family.



A Macbook Pro.  Boy, it was a purchase I didn't want to make. I am quite conservative on purchases (especially big ones), but this made the most sense.  Our Toshiba has given us so much trouble.  It's being looked at yet again as we speak. We have had it "looked at" at least 4 times.  There is no guarantee that it will work correctly when we get it back and Jimmy had assignments due by Sunday night.

We have never, ever had an issue with our iPad, so we reasoned that this purchase would save money in the long run because we wouldn't keep buying computers that crash/get eaten up with viruses time and time again.

I haven't had much time to play with it, but I'm blogging from it right now. Very nice :)

When we got back from the store, I raced to record the Miss America Pageant. Ya'll, I love a pageant. Always have, always will. I will be the old lady in the nursing home cheering on my favorite girl.  I've done a few Miss America Preliminaries and they were a lot of fun. Obviously, I was never Miss America, but I still get so nervous for the girls just before the winner is announced!


__________________________________________


Today, we went to church and listened to yet another great service. Mike preached the 2nd of 3 sermons on "My One Word."  I bought this book for Jimmy for Christmas and you can read more about the concept here.  I'm not sure if Jimmy has a word for himself, but mine is "growth." :)

 I love that we can be casual if we want and not stick out too much. This is the first Sunday I went casual because I am just not used to it!


This afternoon, we enjoyed lunch outdoors again.


I have to share this story because it's embarrassing and I know when I go back and read this, I will laugh at myself.  

We were sitting at PT's when Jimmy looked up and said, "Hey, that's Mike!" Our pastor and his wife and children were coming to eat lunch there. Jimmy headed in to pay and left me outside with the baby. The next thing I know, Mike is walking up to me and introducing himself and asking how long we have been going to his church. Keep in mind, there are thousands of members at his church and we have never spoken until now. I don't know why, but I got so flustered talking to him. I managed to have a coherent conversation and didn't embarrass myself outright, but I just couldn't believe we were casually chatting at a restaurant. Turns out, Jimmy had told him to go outside and had offered our seats because we were leaving. It took me several minutes to realize what Jimmy had done before I offered as well.  He was incredibly sweet and gracious and kept apologizing because he felt like he had run us off! I can't believe my reaction because I hardly ever get flustered about anything. Thankfully, I think I hid it well........

mega-DORK.



After lunch, we made good on our promise to Harper with a little fun on go-karts!  We promised that he if had a good week at school, we would treat him to some fun this weekend.  (This was the first week back after a long Christmas break and he tends to have a little trouble getting adjusted.  This was my remedy :)

I had my hands so full with Miss Hollin, I didn't get any pics of the go-karts.


I am so thankful for the fun we had this weekend!  Back to work tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover