photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Harper's 4th Birthday Party Highlights. A low key beach affair :)


Harper’s birthday was on Friday, April 5th and he was “snack leader” at school. Mommy sent snack and some iced cookies for his friends to enjoy :)

After Hollin went down for the night, Jimmy and I took him to Chic-Fil-A for dinner. He actually ate a chicken nugget! Some of you may laugh at this because your babies will devour an entire kid’s meal, but I can only dream of that right now. We are making very slow, but steady progress and one day he will eat a whole meal too! (Lord, please?)

 photo f0726090-f31d-4925-82fd-356045d4b028_zpsb0b8b14d.jpg



At home, we gave him a little treat..

 photo 60823922-974f-4ef9-96cd-94ab8e8c01c4_zpsd18653d7.jpg

 photo 9fe8c2b7-6dd0-4c8b-a041-8fd47931f45c_zpsd2f5597e.jpg

 photo 6342ed67-cef5-4738-bb77-e29b0a2d38b9_zps909f4ac9.jpg

He thought it would be fun to put icing on mommy's face.

 photo a69caf4f-b087-4660-8bfe-16e7754c0819_zps6c22e9ae.jpg

Oh yes and the present.... Happy Birthday Harper!
 photo 441ab693-83c6-49af-88c5-fe35e5a1e10e_zpsc82203ac.jpg

The next day was his party! He absolutely would not own being four until he had his party. Fair enough :)
_____________________________

This year, I wanted something low-key for little man’s party. Harper's 3rd birthday and Hollin’s 1st birthday party were enough to do me in for awhile!

I didn’t even think there would be a theme, but it just so happened that he fell in love with this cake from Lowe’s foods and boom, there was our “theme.” Alligators!

 photo aafa443e-357f-4057-9752-5a5248950a9a_zpsacb2a6ae.jpg

We only had grandparents and his Aunt Bridger at his party, which worked out just fine. Everyone brought something yummy from Smithfield’s Chicken and BBQ and that was it. There were no decorations, balloons or anything and he still had a great time.

 photo 9c5fe69f-222b-425b-8bcb-c2560b0c3b56_zpse534987e.jpg

 photo 2654978c-7fa8-4845-981f-878bad6b60c5_zps8667b60f.jpg


 photo ff539058-e373-421c-9481-2a101fb94b7e_zps7c377bd0.jpg

We held the party at the Seaside Club, where Jimmy’s dad is a member. The day turned out to be very chilly, but the party was short and sweet, so it all worked out.

 photo 9b5f6ae5-52cf-413f-9d23-9aeb0ddb6b63_zpsc17823d0.jpg




I snagged a few photos of just my sweets while we were there too!

 photo cec60a85-e7ce-4203-8865-fce348ddcf54_zps1ee37316.jpg

 photo 63f706bf-b64a-4314-a01d-b12c0ef0e7c7_zpsece38d7c.jpg

 photo 2d368741-819a-43d7-9db5-ef637615d47d_zps4622a055.jpg

 photo fcf75f07-e748-4381-825c-c1bab3afc8f1_zps383de044.jpg

I snuck in a few pics of my babies holding hands! Harper typically ignores Hollin (unless she gets one of his toys). I can’t believe I captured this moment between them. I will hold this in my heart forever. Even a certain daddy around here got misty when he saw these photos :)

 photo 776d6216-b8d8-4628-9aa5-5c7480df7504_zps5c7d1532.jpg

I love how he is showing her the ocean here.

 photo c1adc2d9-7aa3-42fc-b422-40a384cc2921_zpsfc691e56.jpg

 photo 006eae30-7818-4ad2-83a2-ba1c303bd109_zpsfe9fb98b.jpg


I still can’t believe I have a four year old. I clearly remember looking at him when he was an infant and wondering what he would be like at age four. I knew I would be 28 and I was so curious how my life would be at this very stage. I couldn’t be happier with where we are :)


I am blessed beyond measure to have my precious family.


1 comment:

  1. These are the sweetest photos of Harper and Hollin holding hands.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover