photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Whoops, Substance and Late-Week Randoms




If you all saw a post on asking me anything yesterday, please excuse! That was something I had been tossing around and hit publish instead of save :)  

I have felt for a little while now that my poor blog has taken a back seat. I try to update once every few days, but I haven’t been able to post everyday like I used to. There have been mostly pictures of birthday parties and a few randoms of us going here and there. For me, there hasn’t been much “substance.” What I mean by that is putting detailed stories with the pictures that I share with all of my awesome blog friends. You all know that I am an open book.  I’ve only had time to upload the pics and mention the most important details so that I can move on to something else. Or share the computer with my school-going husband.  We are also crazy-busy squeezing in projects before my last day at work in June.  We are having a great time, but it’s hectic. 

So with that, I will leave you with MORE random updates in the hopes that you will be patient and stick with me until I actually have time to share more details. 

I went for my wisdom tooth extraction consultation this past week. It was so fun, let me tell you. The good news? I only have three! And…. the one that I am missing is on the bottom. They are usually more difficult to remove, so yay for that. I have scheduled to have them out on Friday, April 19th but it’s taking everything in me not to call and cancel. I’m kind of terrified. 

 photo 99f38cd8-b539-4bab-b83d-d246588d9d05_zps8337452a.jpg
(My husband saw my self portrait on Instagram. He said it was such a dumb face and I got paranoid and took it down. But here I am, sharing it with the blog world. #whatiswrongwithme)



We recently bought Hollin her own Pottery Barn anywhere chair. Daddy had fun putting that together.
 photo 140cd233-76b4-4fa8-a862-a2f5537a60c8_zpsab7ddc09.jpg

Harper received one as a gift for his first birthday and they have been fighting like cats and dogs over it for months. So we get her one and do you think she really uses it? No. But at least they have stopped fighting.


 photo 6725fbab-4057-4b2b-944d-6f0e9949a9c2_zps6aedec57.jpg

  
Jimmy recently went in for a quick medical procedure and I thought he looked pretty dang good. He is self admittedly the worst picture taker. His smiles are usually really forced and awkward but I think he looks so cute here :) 


 photo bcb6c5d8-22d8-43e5-8da2-50671faa4f60_zps23e975b1.jpg




One night last week, we did something we never do. We gave the babies a bath and then went out for a quick errand. Hollin is really into dancing right now. She was jamming out to Britney Spears, “Oops I did it again.” Love old-school Britney, btw.  



 photo fbda4f2b-2f84-42ec-bd35-f09967ec4333_zps4caf2f53.jpg



Here is a teaser pic for all of our friends and family who have been following the “Kathy’s Cottage” experience. It is movingrightalong ya’ll. It looks amazing!! I will have a full post about that soon. 


 photo 57051050-eec7-4fa7-aae1-8c897344e764_zps18426ce1.jpg


One of my nearest and dearest friends sent me a care package with two of these coffee mugs full of candy and a lovely pink Essie nail polish after my miscarriage. I wish like crazy she and her soon-to-be-hubby lived closer. Thanks RB. I love you!! 

 photo de896d06-04aa-41fa-b5ff-5a7f9ac01782_zps42e11d21.jpg



I went to dinner with a friend last week and stayed for over three hours catching up. I could tell that our waitress was getting a little annoyed, so I left her a message. :) She will understand one day.. 

 photo 0e24423e-e6ee-457e-85f3-60a6d1906aab_zpsae0e5caf.jpg


I have felt like the resident red-neck family in our neighborhood since we started construction. There are homemade signs and multiple cars in the yard every day. Our dog is so mean that we had to come up with a communication system for all of the construction workers. This hangs on our front gate, in full display every day. Classy.. 


 photo 25ff422a-51d3-4375-bea0-d88ce952f50e_zps2a4ea9ab.jpg


That’s all for the moment. We are off to take Harper to his first circus tonight. So excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover