Oh Life. You keep me on my toes, you do. Just when things start to feel “normal”, you are right there. Waiting for me to get comfortable so that you can switch it up again.
Last week, Jimmy and I received word that his job would be changing, yet again. Because he was hired under the terms of grant, it was realized by his higher-ups that he was not supposed to be working in an office setting. After three weeks as Calea manager, he was pulled back onto the streets. We lost that amazing 8-4:30, Mon-Friday schedule.
Imagine my amusement.
We have been getting used to his old schedule again. It’s funny how quickly we had adapted and then had to go back. The part that makes me the saddest is not being able to go to church every week. I’ve said before that on the weekend when he works, I stay home on Sundays. Getting all of us ready and out the door AND there thirty minutes early to wait in the nursery line is a job for two people. I’m going to miss going every week. I probably shouldn’t let this schedule change defeat me. I just know what I’m up against because I have tried doing these things by myself several times. It’s just better to save myself the stress.
Things are winding down at work even though I have two months left. I hope I can continue to lay low until then :)
Harper’s Preschool year is winding down too. I can’t believe he is almost done with his second year and only has one left before Kindergarten!!
(Harper at his first circus!)
Hollin is miss sassy-frass right now. On a daily basis, I have flashbacks of Harper’s meltdowns through her. She cried for about 15 minutes yesterday because she couldn’t open the pantry and get a cookie. She is so funny though. I have a Hollin at 18 months post coming soon!
In my last post, I mentioned that I had scheduled to have my wisdom teeth out. Sadly, I called and cancelled. NOT because I chickened out, but because we are under a vacation-freeze until May 11th. I know that it probably wouldn’t have been an issue, but I try not to push my luck.
Jimmy is always an awesome husband, but he took it to another level two weekends ago. We’ve been struggling with Hollin trying to climb the stairs a thousand times a day, so he went to Lowe’s, picked up some supplies and built some very sturdy gates for the top and bottom of our staircase. Oh and he painted them too. They work like a charm!! No more stair-climbing! We had tried the gates you can buy at Target, but they were so flimsy. These babies are rock solid :)
Bottom gate
Top gate
So, that has been our life for the last week or so. We're still waiting for it to really warm up so we can rip that cover off the pool!! :)
Happy Monday,







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!