photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happenings and a lovely wedding


First of all, I've enjoyed my little week-and-a-half break from blogging. If you are reading, thank you for coming back:)

There have been a lot of fun things happening at Casa Cushing



 - Harper's last day of Preschool was about a week ago. It's been a little different adjusting to not waking up and rushing around to get ready, but it's been nice. He has had A LOT of energy to expel, so we are working on wearing both he a little sissy out so that they will sleep at night.

- Jimmy is taking 14 hours this Summer semester. Yes, you read that right. In fact, he is taking so many hours, he had to talk to the Vice Pres. of the college to get permission. He is crazy busy and is on the laptop a lot, hence another reason for my absence. He is working really hard and we think this will be the busiest semester he will have to get through. 

- Our pool is officially open! We got in for the first time today.



- My co-worker's last day was Friday and mine is at the end of June. I am not looking forward to working upstairs for a month all by myself. It's going to make the days drag on forever :(

- Jimmy's fun procedure was yesterday. You know, the "no more future Cushing babies" procedure? It went really well and we are so happy with our decision. #notlookingback

 photo 955324c8-e1bd-401b-90f0-1189d1c4bfb7_zps89779f8a.jpg

- I've been in a crazy organizing/cleaning/purging mood lately. Probably because I know I will be home all Summer and want to enjoy my time with my babies. I feel like I go through their toys all of the time and get rid of things that are broken or that they've outgrown... but I'm STILL short on storage space for all of their things!


- Last night, I threw away all of their baby bottles except one. It was a little sad, but at the same time, it felt good to let them go and get organized.

 photo be4993cc-a9a3-443d-b25e-6405c14f4821_zps242c0177.jpg

- I threw out the bottle drying rack and made room for their sippy cups in the cabinet. Getting rid of that made room for my Cotton Colors platter, which I'm still in love with. I love everything by Cotton Colors :)

 photo 22d9e24e-fd64-4bd2-802a-f9a8e96579c9_zpseaa021e5.jpg

- The weekend of May 25th, Jimmy and I traveled to Black Mountain, NC for the wedding of two of our dearest friends. They have been together for a long time and I was so honored that she asked me to play, "Here Comes the Bride" for her :)

 photo a916bca6-e024-4c16-baa6-274e5759a1b9_zpsb3fd5a93.jpg


- Can you believe that in our 5 1/2 years of marriage, this is the first "trip" we have taken together?  It was so nice to just have a change of scenery and get away for a weekend. We have made a promise that we will try to get away more often.

 photo b79efd7a-a445-4395-8820-1f00ccd224b7_zps6f0f0c95.jpg


 photo b46eca66-b262-40a3-9638-32174b73ed11_zps657196b0.jpg

 photo bf869669-c8e3-4ab0-a0fd-f8e07e789295_zps514d5328.jpg



- We found this little half-canoe shelf for a steal at $25!

 photo 6a7762d2-4eee-41c9-bdfd-19434b484004_zpsa75c9df5.jpg

- And it fits right in here at the house :)



Their wedding was beautiful and romantic. Congratulations Z and R!!!


(I must mention this was also Jimmy's first time wearing a bow-tie :)
 photo 3c7b8a2f-62ca-4c29-8c91-ede4f018b69a_zps6fd28d2e.jpg

 photo b79ea928-c0bb-4aeb-835d-f1836ac58bac_zpsdd6dcba7.jpg

I hope you are having a fabulous un-official start of the Summer :)


XOXO,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover