I saw this over at Hello! Happiness and thought it would be fun to share some details about BB and I. I mention him all the time on le blog, but this might help you get to know him more. He is a sweetheart after all :)
{1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband.
{1} Describe your dating life prior to finding your husband.
Let's see.. it was kind of crazy. I had gone through long-term, short-term relationships, one HUGE heartbreak that I thought I'd never get over, one relationship with someone who had zero personality (where I tried to make myself like him) and one that was borderline scary. I tended to gravitate toward guys that were a little older (The biggest age difference once was 5 years) because all of the guys my age were just flat-out immature. I can honestly say though that they were all really great guys. Just not for me :)
(Jimmy and I at the Miss Wilmington pageant in January 2006. We got engaged in April 2006 :)
{2} Describe your husband in one word. How would he describe you in one word?
The one word that describes Jimmy would be carefree. He is about as type-B as you can. He needs cheerleading sometimes and reminding again and again when things need to be done, but he has gotten so much better about this since we have been married. Children will definitely keep you thinking ahead too :) He is a great counterpart to me, because I am a worry-wart.


As for what word he used to describe me, this is what he wrote:
Amazing
From the moment I first saw you I was amazed by your beauty. After I worked up the nerve to speak to you I was amazed by the words you spoke and your soft “southern” voice. As our lives have progressed together I have become aware of what an amazing woman you are and you inspire me to be more…. You are an amazing wife and I love you endlessly. You are an amazing mother to our beautiful children. You are an amazing Christian and you guided me to discover Christ and walk beside him. Words do not do justice to the person I see before me, but you are amazing in my eyes and I will love you forever.
So yeah. I felt terrible about my description after I read this. In my defense, I should have told him to find a more descriptive word. But wow, he knows how to make a girl feel special :)
{3} You had a really silly fight. Embarrassing silly. What was it about?
{4} In three sentences (and only three!), describe where you both hope to be in 5 years.
Ready, set, go: In five years, I hope I am happy with and somewhat settled into a career, whatever that may be. I've always dreamed of owning my own business, but I know that comes with a lot of hard work, commitment and risk. I can't put myself out there in relation to any of those right now. I hoped that my return to banking last year would have been a life-long-until-retirement gig, but alas, I was laid off. Fortunately, I've been approached with a few new positions at other banks, but returning home is what makes the most sense for my family right now. I hope there will be opportunities open for me when I am ready to go back.
As for Jimmy, he (and I) would love for him to embark on a new career. I've been very transparent when it comes to the life of a Police Officer's wife and it's not easy from his perspective either.
We will be living in the same place 5 years from now, no doubt about it, and I hope to have tackled MUCH more on my house-project to-do list :) Wow, that was way more than three sentences.
As for Jimmy, he (and I) would love for him to embark on a new career. I've been very transparent when it comes to the life of a Police Officer's wife and it's not easy from his perspective either.
We will be living in the same place 5 years from now, no doubt about it, and I hope to have tackled MUCH more on my house-project to-do list :) Wow, that was way more than three sentences.
{5} Tell us something about your husband we wouldn't know from reading your blog.
I usually tell funny/silly stories about Jimmy and his "habits", but one thing you may not know is that he is probably the most handy person I've ever known. He knows a little bit about everything and can usually fix anything that breaks. He amazes me with how smart and insightful he is.
I usually tell funny/silly stories about Jimmy and his "habits", but one thing you may not know is that he is probably the most handy person I've ever known. He knows a little bit about everything and can usually fix anything that breaks. He amazes me with how smart and insightful he is.
{6} What's one thing you never thought you'd do in front of your husband, but you did?










This is so sweet! And your wedding dress was beautiful!
ReplyDelete