photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Midweek Randoms

I'm linking up over at It's a Wonderful Life today! She wrote a really great post about the dreaded Mondays yesterday and it's always nice to know you aren't alone on those bad days :)


I finally changed my chalkboard over the weekend to something more summery.  I do not have the best penmanship, but I liked the way it turned out.

 photo f9380da8-3ffa-4e4a-a460-50f583faf353_zps4adc63e0.jpg

I also changed my mantle over the weekend from this
 photo 121ccd29-1b16-4886-be05-be7a1989fe72_zps24f6d610.jpg

to this.  I think I need a pop of color up there somewhere, but knowing me, this is the way it will stay all summer :)

 photo 70144f51-0020-46ef-94d6-f0b3f2202066_zps4c3c9337.jpg

 photo 229ab549-ef96-484b-9541-27d0c6c5f858_zps2c101edf.jpg

 photo 0e694745-e3b2-4c3e-9a75-3cdd9c5cd78c_zps65cb348f.jpg


I have fallen in love with these little colored sandwich bags from Target. I think the box has pink, green, yellow and blue bags. It's the little things that brighten your day :)

 photo fe2b6904-e7fe-4fa9-8e58-c8dcbae0add8_zps5fcb3a73.jpg

A few days ago, I went out with my mom and the babies to an antique shop. I was searching for a dresser for Hollin. (Still no luck.) When I went to back out, I felt like my car was stuck on top of something, but my mom and I were talking a mile a minute, so I put in park and tried again. Turns out that my car was dragging this lovely railroad tie underneath the front bumper. It did a little damage, but thank goodness you can't really see it. I felt like such a dummy out in the parking lot where everyone had gathered around..

 photo 715e954b-141c-484e-accf-335d14265e70_zpsdc7a582a.jpg

I found this old picture of my little brother and I around 1992. I remember that this little Miss America set came with the plastic crown, roses and high-heeled shoes. I'm not sure why I dragged my brother into it.
 photo 65210e50-a7d2-4c85-93be-c3c3e95a2eb1_zpsa74f87d5.jpg

I got this Nike workout tank from TJ Maxx a few months ago and I always get compliments on it even I think it looks kind of baggy. But it's comfortable :) Oh roots.... hahah.
 photo 594a5a5e-5b10-4ee8-b05f-3924692dae19_zps2ac9978f.jpg

We have a little birds nest on our front porch and I love to watch the little mama bird sit on her eggs. So cute. I can't wait until they hatch!
 photo ff8c0cd3-b422-4746-9e5d-0615a241c3a3_zps32bc107c.jpg


Kelly over at Kelly's Korner mentioned this book last week and it sounded like something that I could really use, so I ran to Lifeway on my lunch hour and bought it. Ya'll, I LOVED it. I read it in about 4 1/2 hours and I want all of my friends with little ones to read it too. It's eye opening and hilarious at the same time.

 photo 9d65b08e-7ac7-4ffe-80ea-e4078d6cf367_zpscddc6f6b.jpg

Jimmy has gone for a consultation with a personal trainer as we speak. Like most married couples, our health and fitness always falls to the bottom of the pile in the crazy world of little ones. I think we eat pretty well, but we definitely have our bad habits. I know that getting away to the gym will be some great alone time for him as well as stress relief. Not to mention help the back issues that being a Police Officer has caused.  I'm excited for him :)

 photo 1e878c89-b7d5-4cbf-9218-6425135611bb_zpsf44f7304.jpg

I hope you're having a great middle of the week!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to get that book! Have you read Sparkly Green Earrings? I really liked that one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't read that one yet! I have heard about it so I will probably check it out :)

      Delete
  2. wow, in that old picture of you it becomes clear that Hollin looks JUST like you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover