photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The honeymoon is over?

I say that with a question mark because I just don't know anymore. I cannot, for the life of me, get my sweet girl on a schedule that works. She is almost 2. If you read back far enough on this ol' blog you will see that her "schedule" has always been an issue. I think I can count on two hands the number of nights that she has slept through the night.

Ya'll, I'm so tired.

The first two weeks after I came back home after working were great. I thought I had found a schedule that worked for all of us. But it didn't last.

She still wants to go to bed at 6:30pm and wants to wake up at 6:30am. With multiple wake-ups during the night.  I have tried keeping her up later and she might sleep later in the mornings for a few days. But... she always goes back to waking at 6:30am. (screaming no less.)

When she wakes up from her naps (noon until 2), she is SOO fussy.  I mean, she cries when she wakes up and it feels like she doesn't stop until bath time at 5pm.

I promise that I am not exaggerating. I wish my husband was here to type a little "it's true" disclaimer, ha!

I just haven't really felt "rested" or refreshed in a very long time. I know it's all part of having little ones and it won't last forever. But two years of not sleeping through the night??  It's been tough.

So, here I am, squeezing in a blog post while she naps. This is how I "rest." If only I could get my four year old to start taking naps and the same time as my girl.................


Happy (tired) Wednesday ya'll,  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover