photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, November 22, 2013

5 on Friday Family Photo Tips and a Sneak Peek :)

Last week we had family photos done! This was something that had been on my to-do list for a long time because mommy is always behind the camera and never really included in any pictures :) Our photographer was great with kids which helped SO much.


Here are a few things that we did to help ease the challenges of taking photos with the babies. (These are not the original files, so they are a little blurry, but you get the idea.)



{1. Plan, plan, plan}
I knew that I wanted to work with clothes that we already had. I wore a dress that I've had for sometime and Hollin wore a dress that I bought a few weeks ago. They didn't compliment each other at all, so I did have to run out and buy shirts for the boys. I think it all worked pretty nicely :)



{2. Bribery}
Bribery is a must unless you have angel babies. Jimmy ran out the day of the pictures and bought white tic-tacs.  They're small and will not leave color on clothes. Score!



{3. Naps and Bath}
This is pretty obvious, but we scheduled the photos after Hollin's nap. She always wakes up with terrible bed head, so a bath was a must. (We usually reserve baths for after dinner.)

{4. Pajama Car Ride}
The weather was pretty mild, so we let Hollin ride to the Arboretum in pajamas. It's a good thing we did because she had an almost blow-out on the way there.



{5. Be Natural}
Ok, this one is hard, I'll admit. I always get a little nervous that our pictures will look forced. It helps to get a good vibe with your photographer and let your little ones warm up to him/her. Jimmy helped make me laugh by saying dumb things in my ear :) It helped.



I'm so happy to have these images of my sweet family and can't wait to get the rest of them!!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Love your dress and monogram necklace! :) Stopping by from the link up-I'm also a Carolina Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely lovely and gorgeous pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics and a beautiful family!!! Love your little girls name. :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the black and white one! You have an adorable family. Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet! Really like the outfits you selected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog via 5 on Friday - beautiful family pictures! The dress you wore is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover