photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cushy Life Christmas 2013 part 1 :)

I don't know about you, but Christmas came out of NOwhere this year! I know Thanksgiving was later, but good gracious. It's like we ate the Turkey and then started opening gifts.

One of the events that I look forward to most is Harper's Christmas Assembly.  Oh those precious little babies in their festive Christmas attire all singing Jingle Bells is just beyond.  I wanted to squeeze every single one of them. Especially my little guy :)


 {Every. Single. Year Harper is next to the teacher.  Hmmmmm....}

He always brings gifts home, but this year's just blew me away. They are always so cute and personalized, but,I could see how hard he had worked.  Waterworks for sure.

On Christmas morning, Daddy had to work :( I called him as soon as the babies were awake and I had to keep them at bay until he got home.  Definitely not the easiest task because Harper was like a caged bull :)


First, we had to check to see if Santa ate the goodies!

Santa wrapped everything this year and left out the biggest toys :)  The babies wasted no time ripping off the paper!







Daddy read us the letter that Buddy the Elf left before he went back to the North Pole!

 We headed over to my mom and dad's where the kids loaded up on even more goodies.

Harper received a sweater and threw it on the floor, declaring, "This is NOT a present."  He was not a fan of taking this picture hahaha.

(Can you tell she had indulged in a few cinnamon rolls? :)

G-ma and G-pa came over and brought MORE presents (on top of the ones they received at their PaPa Jim and JoJo's house a few nights before.)



 Daddy stuck around for awhile and Hollin went down for a nap. Harper and I played with all his new toys and it was such an awesome day. I hope I never forget how sweet the babies were together that afternoon. They played so well together and there was no fighting at all. Just glorious!

The aftermath :)


“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don't clean it up too quickly." - Andy Rooney"



6 comments:

  1. I am cracking up at how Official "Manly Monday" looks reading the note from Buddy. Makes me giggle for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's way more official with that uniform right? hahah.

      Delete
  2. Sweet! My husband is a fireman so I know how those holidays go when you are without them or only having them for a few hours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the Holidays. Folks just don't know what the wives go through do they? :)

      Delete
  3. HI there! I am a new follower and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself :)
    I am a SAHM to our 14 month old daughter, Ava. I am currently house hunting and in south Florida, we have a lot of 1960's homes, that I am looking at! I prefer some history in a home and can''t wait until I can start fixing up our home like you are doing. Enjoying your blog already - Hope you'll stop over and follow along with our little family of 3.
    -Christina

    The McGuire Family

    MarkChristinaMcGuire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!! Good luck in your house search! Older homes are the best :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover