Sweet girl,
You turned 2 on October 31st and in some ways it seems like you came into our family yesterday. In other ways, it definitely feels like I've lived in the moment of every hour since you were born :) I am so happy that I can say that. You keep me on my toes you do.
You are a feisty, sassy little girl with a heart of gold. You have your daddy and I wrapped around your tiny little finger.
You have adored your brother since the beginning and sometimes I catch the two of you playing nicely together. You mimic everything he does and I have a feeling you will always look up to him. He doesn't want to admit it, but he loves you too. He protects you and looks out for you. Daddy is going to make this part of his chores when he is older :) Sometimes when mommy has to discipline you, Harper says, "You have to give her what she wants!" He doesn't like to see you cry.
You are so tall for your age, but you are still so dainty. Most everyone thinks you are older than you are. Mommy has been told that you look like her and that makes her smile.
You wear size 5 shoes and size 4 diapers. Mommy has started buying size 3T clothes because you are so tall.
You are ALL girl. You love to have your toes painted and ask for my lip gloss when you see me putting it on. You get SO excited when you see a new outfit in your closet. You love to wear hair bows and dresses. You are very specific about which pair of shoes you want to wear for the day and sometimes mommy has to veto. You definitely don't like that.
It's no secret that you love playing mommy. There is a stroller in the Pottery Barn Kids magazine that you point to every single day and say, "Hep me." Luckily, Santa "hepped" you :)
You love to feed your babies, swaddle them in a blanket, rock them in the red rocking chair and put them to bed. You love changing their diapers and clothes. Mommy and daddy will sit and watch you sometimes just wondering where your love and knowledge of being a mommy comes from. You surprise us every day.
You are saying lots of things : "ball" "my-my" (Maya) "bubba" (brother) "momma" "dada" "milk" "joosh" (juice) "shoes" "hot" "cold" "BB!" (baby) "night night" "canny" (candy) "no" "peez" (please) "bubbles" "rish"(rice), "milk", "coloring", "heavy". Too many words to count!!
You are still waking several times a night with a few nights of full sleep sprinkled in every now and then. You wake between 7-7:30am and go down for a nap at noon for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. You go down for the night sometime between 6:30-7:30pm depending on what we have going on.
You are not potty trained yet, but you are showing interest in the potty. Mommy will tackle that when she feels you are both ready :)
Busy should have been your middle name! You came out busy and you haven't stopped since, but it's who you are. Most of your time is spent being busy with your babies.
Your favorite TV show right now is Paw Patrol and mommy and daddy have recorded every episode in existence just for you.
Your laugh is contagious. When you giggle, my heart just melts. I love to see you experience joy from the smallest things, like your babies and the "kiggy" (kitty.)
Being mommy to you and your brother does something to my heart that I can't describe. I love you both so much. There really are no words to describe it.
I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy






















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!