I've spent most of my day in tears. This morning, my little cat, Callie, was attacked by two dogs.
Callie stays outside, by choice. We had arranged a plastic bin full of fleece blankets and a bowl of food on our front porch for the winter and she was perfectly happy with that. She knew exactly what time to show up each night for her dinner.
This morning she must have been asleep in her bin when two of our neighbors pit bulls came and attacked her. The power had just flickered off from all of the ice outside and I was busy trying to assemble some sort of breakfast for Hollin. I heard something strange outside but thought it was a noise Jimmy was making upstairs. Almost like the sound it makes on the hardwood floors when we drag the vacuum cord across it.
Jimmy came running downstairs and by the time I got to the door, she had run away. We've spent all day looking for her and her bin sits empty outside with a bowl of food waiting for her.
I haven't had Callie for very long. She showed up in our yard this past summer and it was clear she needed food. She has been so sweet to our family and I already miss her so much. I pray she comes back.

We are heartbroken to say the least. Harper told me today, "Mommy, I prayed and asked God to bring Callie back."
.............................
I don't want my post to be full of gloom and doom, so let's talk about something that makes me happy!
I am having SO MUCH fun as a Jamberry Consultant. It's so fun to work this business. I have to make myself not work!
Going in to this business was such a risk for me and I am not a risk taker by any means. I immediately thought, "I can't do this. I'm not a good salesperson. No one will care." Well, I was wrong! I CAN do this and I am!
These are my nails after an afternoon of painting trim in Hollin's room. That evening, I just wiped the paint off and they looked like the first day I put them on. It's so awesome to have my nails "done" (by me!) all the time.
Terrible pic, but her first night in her room :)
Harper has been a very official big boy lately. Each day after Preschool, he wants to come home and play Wii. And it begins.
I'm off to watch the rest of the pairs figure skating. Thank goodness for the Olympics tonight :(








Awe! I hope sweet Callie makes it back home! Did you notify your neighbors?
ReplyDeleteWe haven't yet, but that is on our to-do list. We are still hoping she is out there!
DeleteSo sorry girlie! Love that your sweet little one was praying...melt my heart!
ReplyDeleteThank you Elise!! We are all praying. Crazy to think how attached I was to her :(
Delete