photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, March 3, 2014

A whole post on hair

This post was originally supposed to be "What I'm Loving Right Now." Then I got all wordy about hair and realized this just needs a post of it's own.

Over the past few months, I have been going through a hair transformation. When I say transformation, I mean going from getting my roots bleached every 6 weeks to smooth, no-frizz, healthy hair that I don't have to straighten before I go out. I'm going to the salon every 8 weeks or so and my hair is finally growing. I wish all of you could go to my new stylist! She is the reason why I've been able to finally get the hair I've always wanted.

Here is a pic of my hair when I was going bleach-crazy. Just dull, no dimensional, no shine blonde. (This is also the best it ever looked because I was pregnant here.)
 photo SAM_4951.jpg

And now!
 photo photo-2_zps41dbcb62.png
{First visit-Nov.2013}


 
{3rd visit-March 2014}
 
 
What are the secrets?  A couple of things. 
 
1. Lowlights.  As a blonde, I was terrified of lowlights because I was afraid it would make my hair darker. The opposite has been true! A couple of lowlights make the rest of my blonde "pop." My stylist has matched my lowlight to my natural hair color so that as it grows out, it BLENDS. And I don't have to go as much. Love saving that $$.
 
 
2. Good hair products.  I know, I know. I don't like spending a lot on products either. I was the first to say "It doesn't really matter, it won't make that big of a difference." Wrong. Yes, these are a bit more expensive than any other product I have bought.  The good news is that I made my conditioner last about 10 weeks and I am still using the shampoo that I bought from back in November. A little bit goes a long way.
 
3. A Smoother.  This little gem right here is chock full of protein. Protein=repair. Never, will I ever go without this product again. This is a leave-in miracle! I wash, condition and then towel dry and apply the smoother and comb my wet hair with a wide-tooth comb. It will not weigh your hair down, I promise! I have tried everything and this is truly weightless.
 
 
5. Don't over-wash your hair.  I can sometimes go four days in between shampoos, depending on how bad I think my roots look. Over-washing will actually make your hair start over-producing oils. Invest in a good dry shampoo for those in between days.
 
 
I feel like I've been to hair school and I just want to share the knowledge for my fellow blondies. Of course, these tips are for any hair color too!  Because of these products, my hair is getting longer and longer because I'm not having to constantly cut off my damaged ends.
 
If you are in North Carolina and want more info about my stylist, send me a message. She takes clients from everywhere! {People have been known to travel hours for an appointment-she's that good.}
 
Happy Monday!!!
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Amen! Lowlights make a WORLD of difference!! Love! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some lowlights now. Fear conquered haha.

      Delete
  2. Girl your hair is pin worthy! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going back to the salon tomorrow, it's such a treat :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, your hair is so pretty!!! I want those products, but don't have a lot of coloring done to my hair. I'm planning to get some highlights and lowlights for the summer. The lowlights really do make the highlights pop. If you don't mind me asking, how much do the Lanza products run? I know my hairdresser doesn't sell Lanza, but I am sure somewhere in RMT does. And I agree with Laura...your hair is pin worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, they will run about 23-27 dollars a piece. I kind of cringed when I bought them for the first time but they are OH so worth it! Thank you for the compliment!

      Delete
  4. Well you know what I did yesterday?? I went on Amazon and read the reviews. Most of the reviews were so so so good, that I decided to go ahead and order the exact products that you recommended. I scored that smoother for $11 and the set for conditioner and shampoo for thirty-something. I'm like you, I try to pinch my pennies, so it's very hard for me to buy expensive hair products. BUT for us girls that love to keep our hair looking gorgeous, I think it's worth the splurge ;) Plus, the reviews said that the L'anza products go a long way. By the time I paid shipping and handling, it probably evened out to what you paid for it. Anyhoo, I am soooooooo excited to get it! It will be here tomorrow :-D I'm getting my hair did Saturday. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love their products, seriously!!! And you will notice a big change in the health of your hair :) Yay for L'anza!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover