photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Top 10 Things/Tips I use most as a mom


I think one of my strongest traits as a mom is organization. I love finding ways to make things easier for myself and my family.  Now that I have been doing this whole "mom" thing for FIVE years (Lordy), there are a few life hacks that I can't live without :)
1. This basket has changed my life. For REAL. I can't tell you how many times I was going up and down the stairs every day to take shoes back to their rightful place. Not to mention tripping over all of them. Now we know exactly where to find the ones we wear the most.
2. Old baby wash cloths make the BEST cleaning rags! I can't tell you the last time I used a wash cloth on my babies. I love cleaning with them because they are the perfect size!

3. Did you know that you can make a FAST twice-baked potato by poking holes in your potato, turning a bowl upside down on top of it and popping it in the microwave for 15 minutes??  This softens the inside of the potato and then you can pop it in the oven with all of its yummy toppings for that homemade flavor you love.
4. In a pinch, I can use very diluted Mr. Clean all-purpose cleaner on my glass. I know I could use the whole vinegar and water trick but I just don't like for my house to smell like a pickle :) This stuff smells SO great!!
5. When the kids sippy cups come out of the dishwasher, I go ahead and pop the plastic stoppers back in the lids and store all the lids in a basket in my cabinet. Nothing it more frustrating than trying to get a drink together with a baby hanging off of your leg.

6. Keep a market tote or durable bag in your car. I keep toys, books and a leap pad in mine. I also throw "clean" trash in there and grab the whole thing once we get home to empty it out.
7. Hollin has LOTS of dresses and outfits that cannot be dried. I go ahead and hang them up on hangers but leave her closet door open. That way, they are already put away once they dry!
 
8. INVEST in a steam cleaner.  I use my steam cleaner at least once a week. There are only two rooms in my house that are carpeted and one of them is the room we use the most. It has been a life-saver to know that no matter what spills, I can clean it up immediately without having to run around and find an old towel to soak it up. I seriously cannot live without this thing!!!
9. Call me terrible, but my kids eat in front of the TV. This little table and chairs has been another life saver. I find that they eat more and fight less when they can munch and watch an educational program. Ok, or SpongeBob.  This is a quick pic Jimmy snapped because Hollin was wearing my shoes. She promptly posed like this. This is the best pic I have of their table!

10. Use old body sprays that you don't like to wear as room fresheners. One of my favorite home-scents is an old Victoria's Secret Body Spray that just didn't smell all that lovely on.  I love to keep this one in Hollin's room and spray each time after a dirty diaper :)

Some of these might be so obvious to all of you rock star mommies, but I love sharing things that might help simplify! 
 
Happy Wednesday

1 comment:

  1. You'd think I'd have the whole organizing thing down by now after 2 kids and 11 years, but there is always room for improvement. I love the idea of keeping a bag in the car with go to items, I need to do that now that I have a toddler and we are always running to and from sports for my oldest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover