photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kindergarten...is two weeks away

Our summer is coming to an end and with each August day that goes by, my heart gets a little more bittersweet.  I remember holding Harper in the hospital and calculating how old I would be when he went to school and how much he will have grown right before my eyes. The thought of it, even then, sat at the pit of my stomach like a boulder.

And just like that, here we are! Am I sad? Yes, a little. I'm sure I will cry. I will be lost for the first few days and I am going to miss him like crazy.  But I am looking forward to the lifelong friends he will meet and the fun he will have.   One thing I do know is that he is ready. More ready than he could ever be.  He knows his shapes, colors, numbers, letters, can write his name, knows his phone number address and can add and subtract better than I can. Despite my efforts to keep him entertained this summer, he is restless and needs his little mind to be challenged.

I look forward to the one on one time with Hollin and the time I will get to myself during her nap times :) I might even start blogging regularly again!

Life is going to change and that is just a part of it.  If you don't see me around for a few more weeks, just know that I am soaking up time with my little ones before the hustle and bustle of our new school routine :)

Meet you back here in a bit!


(Harper's Kindergarten physical with his pal Monkey :)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, my heart hurts just thinking about Kindergarten!! Hugs, mama!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover