photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Harper's First Day of Kindergarten

Like a good mommy, I laid out all of my first born's goodies and clothes the night before Kindergarten. I asked that daddy read him his special book because I knew I couldn't get through it!! Thankfully, daddy obliged and we both talked with him and tucked him in together. 



I definitely shed a few tears the night before. I couldn't sleep. My mind was racing with so many different things.  How had the last 5 years gone by so fast? Wasn't he just in diapers? What if he gets scared? What if someone is mean to him?

Jimmy took off that morning so that he could be a part of Harper's big day. Just as we were about the leave the classroom, my babies hugged each other goodbye. I could feel the huge lump in the back of my throat but managed to not reduce myself to a puddle in the floor.  We walked away and watched for a moment as he put his things away with the assistant.








When we finally left, I felt so happy and a little sad, but mostly proud of my sweet boy. He was ready for this, more ready than mommy. I found so much comfort in that.

Hollin and I were a little lost when we arrived home, but we ran errands to keep us both busy.

At pickup, I was so happy to scoop him up and ask him a million questions. He wasn't exhausted or cranky or traumatized at all by his new routine. 
We are a little over a week in and have adjusted very well. I wake up so much earlier and leave before Jimmy to scoot him off to school. Gone are the days of sometimes sleeping in until 8:30. Hollin and I have play dates or days of errands that keep us busy. I moved her nap earlier in the day so that she has napped by the time we go pick him up. I work on my little business, clean, or catch up on TV shows while she naps. I have YET to take one myself!!

I can say that the anticipation of his first day was way worse than the actual day. His little school is just that, little. It has a hometown, community feel and it's just precious.
Here is to my Kindergartener.  Way to go Harper!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I cannot believe he is in kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either!! Just goes by too fast :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover