photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, October 9, 2014

almost thirty - what I've learned

On Sunday, I will turn the big 3-0!  There is something really hopeful about entering a new decade, as cheesy as that sounds. My twenties were full of crazy ups and downs to put it mildly. Marriage, babies, lots of moving, career changes and learning how to be a wife and mom. I can confidently say that I am the happiest now that I have ever been.  I know who I am, what I like/dislike and I'm always striving to pursue how God can use me in the life of my family and those around me.
I love reading goal lists from other friends and bloggers, so I thought it would be fun to share my list of 30 lessons learned about myself and things to look forward to in my 30's! 

1. At 5'2, I will always, always prefer a heel. I love them and will choose them any day over a flat,   especially if going to a fun event.
2. I am better as a blonde. I have the pictures to prove it.
3. Nothing has ever or will ever make me more selfless than being a mother.
4. I fully understand what sacrifice is.
5. Makeup is my friend and I will always have a better attitude and better day if I take 10 minutes to put myself together in the mornings.
6. I've learned more about being a Christian and exemplifying Christ in the past 2 years.
7. Being a mother has made me more empathetic, emotional and compassionate and I am very grateful for that.
8. My husband is truly my best friend. I cannot imagine going through this life without him.
9. There is nothing better that a tight squeeze from little arms around my neck.
10. I appreciate the roles that God places on men and women within a marriage. I am happy serve my husband and my family.
11. It pays to buy quality hair products. Always :)
12. I see both Jimmy and I in our children and it sometimes takes my breath away to know that we are shaping these beautiful babies into bold, Jesus-loving human beings in this crazy world.
13. I have learned how to take a compliment and simply say, "Thank you" instead of embarrassingly trying to change the subject.
14. Marriage takes work.  Who knew that was true?
15. I don't do drama. I choose my friends carefully.
16. The thought of raising teenagers terrifies me.
17. A date night once a month is an absolute necessity for a healthy marriage.
18. Holiday family dinners with music, candles, crisp air and laughter are my favorite thing in the whole world.
19. I secretly hope that all this talk about Harper wanting to be a dentist comes true because I think he would be the cutest dentist ever.
20. I will exfoliate my face at least three times a week for the rest of my life.
21. My mom and dad are two of the most giving people anyone could ever be blessed to know.
22. I am dead in the middle between being an extrovert and introvert. I crave both socializing and down time to recharge. Finding that balance can be hard.
23. Praying out loud still scares me and I want to get better. Or start for that matter :)
24. I have learned how to foster friendships and be a better friend.
25. I want to travel more. A lot more if I can convince my husband to board a plane.
26. The sound of my children giggling is my favorite.
27. Sometimes so is their snoring.
28. More often than not, I am thanking God for my health and the health of my family. I don't have to look far to see how people so close to me are hurting.
29. I am shy at first, but will open up to you when I know you are authentic.
30. I am excited about what the next 30 years of my life will hold!!
Here is to Sunday and embracing the age that seemed so far away.  Cheers!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover