photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, October 20, 2014

This and That..life updates!

It's time for another update on life in these parts! Jimmy and I have been so happily busy during this season of our lives and we are loving every minute. 

A few weeks ago we put our names in at church to be matched with a small group. Our church is so large that they do not have Sunday School, but help match you to people that are in the same season of life as you. We had never been able to commit to a small group until recently because of scheduling. To keep a long story short, we met up with a group of people and both agreed that we had the space to accommodate them, but didn't think twice about leading. Before we knew it,we felt God calling us to lead! It's been a scary leap for us because this is so far out of our comfort zone, but it has already grown us so much closer to God. I am SO proud of Jimmy for taking the leadership role that he has, willingly. It's been great so far! {Now I clean my house like crazy on Tuesdays because we meet in our living room.}
 Hollin has been keeping us very busy lately. This girl is so rough and tumble (but very girly too!) She was playing a little too rough with her brother and ended up with her first black eye. Poor thing was so pitiful but she pulled it off beautifully :)

Party preparations are in full swing! I always love the idea of getting things for parties that can be reused in the kids room's. I ordered what I thought was a wooden monogram and it was actually vinyl. Luckily, my handy hubs transferred it to an old thrift store picture and we are spray painting the frame for her party and then for her room. Dual use? Yes please.
Harper is doing so great in Kindergarten, I can't really believe it. Not that I didn't have faith in him, but he is learning so much, so quickly. He loves math and is starting to read!! School has been so wonderful for him in working that little racing mind as much as he needs.
Hollin is still taking ballet, but it's been.....interesting to say the least. During the summer trial class, she seemed to love it so much. But now that it's every single week and the same class over and over, she is getting very bored. She spends a lot of time sitting on the floor and not really being interested! Momma is going to give it a few more weeks and reevaluate. 
Fall is in full swing and we are loving this beautiful weather and fun time! October is always crazy for us, but it's all going to keep snowballing until Christmas :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover