photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, February 23, 2015

30 Day Water Challenge, Surgery and other Updates


On February 11th, I started a thirty day water challenge. The goal is to drink a gallon of water a day for thirty days and take note of the changes in your skin and how you feel overall. As a long time soda drinker (and years of trying to get off that train), this challenge seemed very manageable. Nothing crazy, just water and lots of it!  It can be a bit tricky to get all 8 of my water bottles in each day, but I do my very best. I will do a follow-up post at the end of the challenge :)
I was hoping that the water challenge would be a great jump off point for healthier choices during the day and it has really done that for me.  I work hard to eat healthy during the week and then cut myself some slack on the weekends. I found some super easy 5 & 10 minute workout videos on Pinterest and do one each weekday. It's working!!
 Instead of making my sweets a cute Valentine basket full of goodies, I took them to Dunkin' Donuts after school.   It was nice to only have one sugar rush instead of several due to tons of candy from a cute basket!
Harper went in for a minor dental procedure this week. He did great!! The day was a very long and the poor guy was just so pitiful coming out of anesthesia. 
Jimmy and I decided against Hollin getting the little girl bob that I blogged about recently.  She got a few inches off, but any haircut seems like a big deal for my girl. Just glad to get those dead ends off!!
Poor Jimmy spent most of our Saturday under the house. Over the last week there was an awful stench that kept getting worse until we realized that we probably had a dead rodent somewhere :( He finally found it and in the process, I've helped Glade reach their sales goals for February. 
We had a fun birthday party to go to this weekend and the kids had so much fun!!  It's so nice to get out  of the house on these cold, dreary weekends.
And then Harper fell victim to the dreaded stomach bug floating around town.. I stayed home with the poor guy. He just can't catch a break. (and he is definitely laying on a Boppy. Hollin reclaimed it for her baby dolls.)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover