Ya'll, I hate water.
Luckily, the challenge has done more for me than remove my soda-grabbing-all-day-every-day habits. I made a list on my phone while going through the process of the Pros and Cons. You ready??
{Cons}
- Peeing. You will pee SO much in the first few days but STICK WITH IT. After about 4-5 days, my body adjusted.
- Water logged. Getting that 7th and 8th bottle in every day was a bit hard. There were days when I just couldn't get them in, so I didn't. Listen to your body.
- Slight dizziness. Don't drink too much too fast or you will get dizzy. Your body has to maintain a certain sodium level that you can deplete by drinking too much too quickly. I learned this the hard way. Take it easy :)
- Skin!! I have quite a bit of redness leftover from terrible acne as a teenager. One of the first changes I noticed was a more clear, even complexion.
- Clearer eyes and voice. The whites of my eyes became whiter and my voice didn't crack as much. I honestly sound more pleasant!
- Double-chin-be-gone. I noticed that my double chin was gone in about 4-5 days. I kid you not.
- Less blemishes. Every single month, about two weeks before that "time of the month", I would break out in roughly 6 pimples along my jaw and neckline. This had gone on for years. During the challenge, I had ONE pimple. ONE. Such an improvement.
- Less tummy bloat. After just three days of drinking water, my tummy was flatter. I felt lighter and less gross for lack of a better description.
- More energy. The first few days were hard, energy wise. I bought energy drops from Harris Teeter to get me through the transition and then went to drinking just plain water after that adjustment period. I feel so much more energetic!!
- Less sore throats. I have battled sore throats my whole life but proper hydration has done away with these.
- UTIs. I also have a long history with these and I have had ZERO problem since drinking more water.
- Hydrated skin. My skin is not dry at all and I stopped having nose bleeds from the super-dry winter air.
- Eating less. You've all heard it before. "Hunger is often dehydration in disguise." Really, it's true. I have eaten a lot less since drinking more water.
- I actually crave water! Never did I ever think I would say that. I can really tell when I need to drink a bottle.
So here is a before and after!! In the pic with Jimmy, my face was really puffy. (Although I love this photo:) On the after, could I have taken a worse photo? But you get the idea.
I mean it with all of my heart when I say that if I can do it, so can you. Do I still have soda now that it's over? Yes, as a treat. Only on weekends. I am not craving them at all like I used to.
If you want more information on the 30 day water challenge, check out #30daywaterchallenge on Instagram and google it! There are so many success stories.
Have a great Tuesday!
@ashlynncushing








Thank you for sharing this, Ashlynn :)
ReplyDeleteI love water and drink it every day!! So I'm already halfway there!! lol
Cindy Patterson
This is awesome! I drink a LOT of sweet tea - but have started to cut back. I should totally do this, too!
ReplyDelete