We tried bribing the kids to sleep in late if we took them to ride go karts this weekend. Hollin was still up at 7am and Harper brought his alarm clock into my bed and sat there watching TV until it went off. Smarty pants…
We got up, got dressed and headed to Wilmington National Cemetery. Since Harper is old enough to really understand what a sacrifice these men and women made, I thought it would be a great teachable moment for him.
We ran to the Dollar Store just for kicks and then came home to swim in the pool! I cannot get over how grown my babies are looking.
We had a great Memorial Day weekend! I was so glad that I could focus a little bit on why we celebrate this day.
We are very thankful to the men and women and families who have sacrificed so much for us!















No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!