photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Summer, Working Part Time and Things- How it's going

This summer is going down as one of the best yet. There are so many reasons why, but really it comes down to feeling balanced for the first time in a long time.

Harper and Hollin are at a really great ages. 6 and almost 4. They play independently and together so well! There aren't nearly the amount of tantrums and exhaustion this Summer as years past. There are no more naps.  We can take our time with our day instead of rushing home to make sure we don't miss a nap window. The kids are staying up later but the payoff is that they are sleeping so much later.
My job is going really well. I work a few hours each morning and then all day on Fridays. I will not lie-there were several moments of pure panic and anxiety in the beginning, but that is just my personality. I stress about tiny details that don't matter that much in the end.  I can do most of my work from home and there are nights that I'm up late catching up on emails-but I'm up late anyway :)

Typically, my mom comes over to stay with them in the mornings and they're still asleep. I sneak off to the office for a few hours and come home to be mommy for the rest of the day. We run errands, pick up groceries, get in the pool, go to the beach, whatever we are feeling! Yes, my house is a disaster by the end of the workweek but I've found a nice balance with cleaning too, thankfully.
Fridays are especially great because both my mom and dad have the kiddos and it's a full catch-up work day for me. They run errands with them, lunch, take them to the park and I can rest easy at the office knowing that they aren't bored. I was even able to have lunch with Jimmy this past Friday, sans kids.  It was so nice :) And we send selfies to each other at work because we can.
Right now I have the best of both worlds and I don't take it for granted!

I've had a couple of people ask if we are doing anything in the house right now and the answer is yes and no :)  We still have a VERY incomplete master bathroom. We've all been sharing one bathroom for months!  I hope we can start tackling that again soon. We aren't doing anything else major, updating-wise. There is a lot of painting that needs to be done but finding that uninterrupted time is hard. We try really hard to balance every weekend we spend working on home things with a fun weekend. Most of the things left to do around our house are major. Like a new roof, kitchen renovation, new concrete. We've touched almost everything cosmetically.

We are all nice and adjusted to our new routine but there will be more adjusting to do when Hollin goes to preschool this Fall!!





2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Hollin is almost 4!! I started following your blog before you even got pregnant with her. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either! Thanks for saying hello!!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover