photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Thursday, December 31, 2015

My One Word 2016 and why I chose it


Last year, I picked a word to live by and I can't tell you how helpful it was for me to fall back on that word each day. I applied it to everything - big decision, little ones, motherhood, you name it.  I can attest that my word challenged me and grew me quite a bit. You can read how and why I chose my word here.

Every year is the same for me in that I have a hard time picking a word! I have so many that I could benefit from. After a lot of thought, my word for 2016 will be:

Elevate : to move or raise to a higher place or position; liftup.

This year, I need to take care of myself WAY better.  Wearing as many hats as we moms do is a very selfless thing. I know I could apply this word to everything, but that's too overwhelming. The focus will be my health:)  I read a quote recently that really put this into perspective for me.
I need to work on what I'm putting into my body. I am so guilty of eating on the run or grabbing takeout at night because I haven't planned/bought food to make better meals during the week. I'm going to get organized and start thinking ahead about my meals. I won't be perfect and I do plan to splurge on occasion!

I can already tell you that time management is going to be the hardest part for me, but I'm determined to find that balance. It's going to take some creativity on my part for sure. I'm up for the challenge. 

I'm posting this here as motivation and accountability! Follow along with me! I'll be posting in real time on my instagram - @ashlynncushing

What is your word for 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover