So I blinked and we are mid-way through January. I have been looking forward to this month for awhile because I was supposed to be jetting off to Banner Elk for a weekend getaway with my hubby. But life happens and that time will be spent filling orders for his business. I'm not disappointed, I promise. I'm excited that his new business is keeping him so busy.
January has been full of getting back into a routine, starting the year off right/ living by my word, and Dr. appointments.
Back in October, I noticed a large lump behind Harper's right knee. I asked him what happened and he told me that he had fallen on a big tree root at school. He said there was no pain at all. Fast forward a few pediatrician visits and the lump getting bigger and we ended up being referred to an Orthopedic doctor. An ultrasound revealed that it was NOT a lipoma (like he had at age 2 ) but a fluid-filled cyst. We are scheduled for an MRI soon and as the Dr. put it, it's a "very impressive" sized cyst. He doesn't want to remove it but keep an eye on it.
This is not my picture but it looks a lot like this, in fact, much bigger. The term Baker's cyst has been thrown around quite a bit.
.................
I've been working hard on "elevating" if you will. I promised myself that I would take better care of myself this year and so far it's going well. I want to go for more walks but I gotta be honest. I'm a total wuss it comes to walking in the cold! I have pretty decent gear for it, but it's a mental thing with me. Walking outside in winds and 30 degree weather kind of sounds like torture. I have been drinking a lot more water, doing 30 minute workouts at home and eating more whole foods. I really do feel better!!
{Tried this for the first time and love it!!}
I picked these up at the drug store and so far I really like them. I don't notice a huge difference yet but I do have to take these with food, otherwise they make me feel sick as well.
I'm really trying to do better, all while still living my life. I'm not trying to win any fitness awards :)
Happy Friday!!
@ashlynncushing









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!