photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Our first couple vacay since 2012 / less pics / more lessons


Yes you read that right. The last time J and I went away - just the two of us - was in 2012 for a friend's wedding. I was in the wedding (providing some music) so we didn't have a ton of time for exploring the town although we had a ton of fun.
This time, we headed off to Banner Elk where Jimmy's mom and hubby own a cabin. We honestly didn't know what to do since we wouldn't have kids with us.

The first stop was Lowe's, naturally. This guy will hit up a Lowe's like he lives there.
He rigged up a "walking system" for our dogs so they wouldn't run away from us. It was actually kind of genius :)
I didn't want to spend the whole long weekend with a phone in front of my face, so I didn't take a ton of pictures. We cooked at the cabin on Thursday night and headed out for coffee and breakfast on Friday morning.

Saturday we spent the day exploring B.E. and went to Tanger outlets to check out what they had. My hard to fit husband was able to find some pants, yess!!!

Saturday night we ran to the Mast General Store to pick up goodies for the kids and then to Peddlin' Pig for dinner.
We had a great time! We both feel it's so important that we make time for just the two of us. This means removing ourselves from little ones and our home so that we have time to talk about and focus on each other. As a stay-at-home-mom, I often feel like my entire world is wrapped up in my children. In a way, that's true because they are my job right now. A date night is a great way to refocus, but sometimes a weekend away is in order.

This getaway was so new for them and from what I was hearing from grandparents, Harper was really having a hard time. He does not do well when his schedule is interrupted, poor guy. We weren't worried though. We knew they were being well taken care of :)
We headed home Sunday in terrible weather all day.
And I took pictures of Jimmy because he is such a fan of it.
Sunday night we were home and everyone was happily reunited. How many kids and animals can fit into one bed?

We had a wonderful time but were just as happy to get home to our babies.

2 comments:

  1. Love your denim dress! Sounds like a great getaway.

    Also, I'm new to your blog (hi! SAHM's unite!) and when I saw the picture of the back of the car I legitimately thought that was your third child draped over the back seat. hahaha I'm not sure what is wrong with me!

    Anyway, looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my goodness your comment made me laugh. That babydoll has been mistaken for a real one so many times. I've gotten to where I hold her like a real baby when my daughter forces her on me so that I don't look like a bad person. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover