photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Friday, June 3, 2011

Preparing for Hollin and my first shadowbox!

Remember when we went to Target and bought this babydoll? Harper really didn't like it at first, so we didn't make a big deal out of it. I held the doll for him and for our dog Maya and had a little bit of fun for a few days referring to her as the "baby." Jimmy had a great idea and decided to let Harper feed the "baby" to see if he would warm up a little.

Can you believe this?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't take the cuteness! I know he will be a great big brother even though I know there will be rough days ahead too :)

Jimmy and I also bought two dresses for her recently. Call me stupid, but I had no idea that the dresses come with matching bloomers! Hello?! More cuteness I can't take.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This white one will probably be one of my favorites because I have a dress almost exactly like this. It's just so sweet!

I still have to take pictures of all the clothes my mom bought for her... Just not enough hours in the day.

I completed my first shadowbox last week and I am really happy with it!
Photobucket
Harper had a precious "coming-home" outfit by Carter's that was intended to go in his shadowbox one day. Jimmy and I didn't go all out with the frilly, monogrammed, typical outfit. That just isn't our style. Long story short, he spit up all over his coming-home outfit and wore his hospital shirt home. I thought it was so fitting to put that in his shadowbox instead of what we intended for him to wear. There are a few ultrasound pics and the stickers are from the diaper cake and diaper wreath that some of my mom's co-workers made for me! The little hat is self-explanatory. There was so much more I wanted to put in there, but there just wasn't room!

I'm definitely looking forward to completing one for Hollin! I can't believe I'll be 18 weeks along tomorrow. Jimmy and I were talking tonight and we definitely agree that weeks 20-30 will take the longest. We still have so much work to do and time is flying.....

Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. I am loving this shadow box. What a great way to preserve the memories & a wonderful accent to any munchkins room.


    Thanks for sharing!

    Ash from www.themanyfacesofreagan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover