photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, June 6, 2011

Thoughts.

**Happy Birthday to my dad, Donald! We love you and we'll see you this weekend!**


Sorry for the lack of blogging the last few days. I just haven't had much to talk about and we've been busy doing things here and there. Nothing all that interesting. I kind of feel like we are on auto-pilot until we get Harper's results back.

Today has been pretty ordinary, but boy have I been busy. It was one of those days where I decided to start a project and then it just went from there. I FINALLY went through and organized all of Harper's toys. I cleaned them, put pieces back together and replaced batteries. Sounds fun huh? I don't have pictures, but I have a great sense of accomplishment to show for it :)

I also made a lot of phone calls and got some things organized while Harper was asleep. I haven't really sat down all day until now!

Harper's potty training is going really well. He doesn't hesitate to pee in the potty or even the big toilet if it's available. He loves getting a fruit snack as a reward. He has yet to go #2 in either one, but he'll get there. This afternoon, he decided to pee in the backyard.
Photobucket
I know, I know.. it's a "man" thing.

Lately I've been eating us out of house and home. My appetite has really picked up! Today, I indulged a little.
Photobucket

Harper ate a Sprite popsicle and loved it!
Photobucket

I'm all over the place tonight, but stick with me. Obviously, Jimmy and I are trying to figure out what new items we'd like for Hollin and what we'll do differently this time around. I've talked about cloth diapering in the past and have really been putting some thought into it the last few days.
Photobucket
We both decided that ultimately, it will not be worth it money-wise. Yes, I realize it's "green", but at the same time, we do not have an energy-efficient washer and dryer. I would be spending a lot of time and money on laundering her diapers and I can barely keep up with our laundry as it is! So..disposables it will be. At the rate Harper is going, he may be fully potty trained by then, so it won't be costing us any more money than we're used to spending anyway.


**Edited to add**


We also think that cloth diapering seems a bit more "worth it" when able to use them for more than one child. If we were to do cloth diapers, there would be a big learning curve. Harper demands so much of my attention right now, I'm not sure I could handle the "disposing" part without a toddler attached to my leg. It would just be a big mess!



I've also decided to use the Graco changing table that already have for Harper instead of worrying over buying a dresser to convert.
Photobucket
I'm ready to get started with the nursery and tired of dealing with people on Craigslist. Either they won't budge on the price, or they email you every hour to see if you've made a decision. Ugh!

And finally, I have to share photos of the clothes that my mom bought for Hollin a few days ago. Obviously I won't post pictures of every single thing she gets, but these are the first from my mom and dad :)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(newborn size! There are ruffles on the back, SO cute!)

Photobucket
(It says "I Whaley Love You)

Photobucket
(3 month size sweater.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wouldn't it be so funny if we went in for our "official" ultrasound on June 14th and found out it was a boy?! Hahaha!

Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover