I mentioned in my blog post yesterday that there were some thing happenin' here at home. If you have been following me, then you know about our plans for construction. Full story here.
It's been a year since we purchased this home and we still have not started construction. There has been set back after set back, but I'm happy to say that we are on the verge of ordering our "subject- to" appraisal. (Meaning we will have an appraiser come out to appraise our home based on the addition.)
In an effort to have our home appraise for more (because there is a specific value that the appraiser must give us in order to move forward), we decided to make some improvements. Our hope was that the improvements could be made before the appraisal, but with the delays of scheduling, parties, Thanksgiving and finally Christmas, we have decided to go ahead with the appraisal before we do the improvements. We are still waiting on the supplies to arrive :(
Casa Cushing will be getting a makeover!
New windows, new vinyl and new painted brick!
We are going with a dark blue vinyl on top a gray painted brick on the bottom.
Here are a few of my inspiration photos!
Love this color for the painted brick.
This one too!
We will probably leave the shutters black. I plan to add some of these little hooks if it doesn't look silly.
My favorite style of home is Charleston style and our house definitely isn't that :)
I have a vision though and I am hoping it will turn out right!
We are thrilled about our windows because there are several cracked ones throughout the home. Our energy bill is enough to warrant change :)
We are really hoping the new windows make a big difference. I hate to lose the original ones, because they are beautiful and original to the house. They certainly add a lot of character.
We are so excited to get started. The materials should be here in a few weeks and I will of course share pictures.
Out with the old, in with the new!

















How exciting!!! I can't wait to see the makeover!! I love the navy siding, with white and grey oh my!!
ReplyDeleteThank you ! We are very excited. The poor house had not been taken care of and we aim to fix it!
Delete