photo Header_zps397c10be.png

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review

It’s always fun and a little sentimental to look back on a whole year. It’s amazing how much can happen in 365 days. Every year that I’ve written a year in review, I always cry. It is simply incredible to look back and think about your blessings and sometimes, heartbreaks, from the past year.
 
The beginning of this year started off with our moving into Casa Cushing. It was a dream realized for this wonderful house full of wonderful opportunities and fun projects to make it our own. We have worked really hard to make it just what we want and there are some exciting things and updates happening here in the near future!

We watched Harper turn 3 and blossom into a hilarious little boy. He says something every day that makes me laugh. I am so thankful for this blue-eyed little man who is so much like his daddy. I look forward to hearing him coming down the hallway each and every morning and hearing him swing open our door. He loves to hang out with Jimmy and I as we get ready for work. Something about my Harper is so mature. He is caring, sensitive and a little obsessed with Monster Trucks. I love him SO much.

I went back to work after 2 ½ years of being home with my babies. It was hard. But it was a great opportunity that fell into place from my fantastic boss, to having my mom here full-time to care for my 2 extra heartbeats. There have been some changes and changes are still coming daily at this point. I haven’t talked it about much yet, but look for that soon as well.

We watched our sweet Hollin grow from a tiny, beautiful (and colicky) newborn to a one year old Princess. More often than not, Jimmy and say to each other, “I can’t believe we have a girl.” We aren’t sure why we are so floored by her presence, but we are. She has so much personality and doesn’t take anything off her brother. She gives hugs freely to anyone or anything that’ll be still. She is our sassy little Halloween pumpkin.

We hosted pool parties and play dates and had fun at the beach. We truly lived and explored our town just in time to become experts for some awesome company coming to visit us next year. We are so ready for our British Invasion! More on that later too!


I experienced loss this year in the most unexpected way. I was not devastated in the moment, because I didn’t realize what had occurred until several weeks after. It was and still is hard to categorize what level of loss this was in my mind, but it happened.

My husband and I celebrated 5 years of wedded bliss!

Jimmy and I said goodbye to our church home and followed our hearts to a new church. It has been one of the most important decisions we have made in our married lives. Each Sunday that we go, we learn more and leave feeling refreshed, uplifted and ready for another week. We could not be happier! One of our goals this year is to become more involved and join a small group. We are so thankful to the Lord for bringing us to this church.

Jimmy went back to school and worked harder than ever in our 5 years of marriage. He has a ways to go, but he is focused, driven and fully supported by all of his friends and family. I think the sky is the limit for him.. He was a hero for us on a very scary day. He is closer to the Lord than he has ever been and his walk with God will only get stronger this year. Proud doesn’t begin to describe how I feel about him. He is also on the brink of another milestone…..
 
Dirty 30!! (Party planning mode : ON)
12-15-2012032_zpsc64f2d3b

If I had to choose one word for 2013, it would be “Growth.”

I don’t mean by number :). I am always ready to grow closer to God, and to grow as a wife and mother. I am more focused than ever to steer the health of myself and my family in a better direction. I want to be more mindful about what we eat and how we take care of ourselves. I have already started pinning some great, healthy recipes to try and I will share my trials and tribulations along the way!

Thank you to my friends, family and blog friends this year for your encouraging words and support. Your kindness is why I keep coming back and sharing my life with you. I am amazed that you enjoy what I ramble on and on about. Thank you for every sweet comment. I LOVE hearing from you!!

I wish you nothing but joy, health and happiness in 2013.

Blessings and Happy New Year from the Cushings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It button on image hover